Table Of Content
Self Sufficient House Idea
Being self-sufficient is a good thing, all you need is little effort and creativity. Before building a self-sufficient home you have to take care of some point such as:
- A Self Sufficient House should be made up of recycling product such as plastic bottles or any other thing
- The Home should be small otherwise it will occupy much space
- Self Sufficient house must be able to produce energy on its own
- Water must come from the property, that’s mean the house should be able to store rainwater
- Waste Management should be proper
- Able to produce its own food
What Ideas To Keep In Mind Before Building A Self Sufficient Home?
The House should be made up of recycling products such as plastic bottles or any other thing: The main purpose behind building a self-sufficient home is to minimize waste and to make our home environment-friendly so for this, it is important that houses should be made from the recycled product or renewable product.
Home should be small otherwise it will occupy much space: the Smaller home is always self-sufficient for living. A house on a wheel or a house on a few acres consider a good self-sufficient home
Self Sufficient house must be able to produce energy on its own: As our aim is to make a self-sufficient home so it is very necessary that the house should be energy sufficient. With the help of solar power and wind power, this thing is possible. Every self-sufficient home must have a solar panel on its rooftop to be energy sufficient.
Water must come from the property, that’s mean the house should be able to store rainwater: A self-sufficient home must have its own source of water maybe it is from a homemade well on the property or through collecting rainwater.
Waste Management should be proper: As the house, itself is self-sufficient, it is very much important to have a proper waste management system. You could have toilet hooked up to a septic system or something else. Composite Toilet is also a good example.
Able to produce its own food: Last but not least a house can only become fully self-sufficient if it is able to produce its own food. This thing can be done easily on the property itself or if you have less space you can grow food crops on a big barrel something like that. Homesteading is also an important thing to be food sufficient.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of a Self Sufficient House?
Everything in this world has two sides one is positive and one is negative. Same like a Self-sufficient house is also has its own pros and cons.
• A self-sufficient house gives you a financial Independence.
• It protects you from natural disaster and any other calamities
• During War or any such condition, your home will be enough to keep you alive
• Your health will be good for sure.
• Building A self-sufficient house is time-consuming
• It needs lots of energy and money at first
• Opposition from other people can also create a problem
In conclusion, I would like to say that Though Making a good self-sufficient home is not a task of a baby but it is not that tough either. Achieving a dream is never easy for anyone but still, we like to chase our dream then why not go for this dream after all it is worth.